Sr. Optical Packaging Engineer
Role: Sr. Optical Packaging Engineer
Reporting to: Max Min, Director of Packaging
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Lead the mechanical design of packaging for Avicena’s innovative optical interconnects:
• Collaborate with cross-functional groups and engineers to develop packaging mechanical requirements and to architect packaging solutions for Avicena’s products.
• Evaluate mechanical aspects of packaging solutions from concept to volume production to meet performance, reliability, manufacturability, yield, and cost requirements.
• Manage more junior engineers, consultants, and partners to develop optical and optomechanical packaging solutions.
• Generate mechanical component specifications.
• Select and work closely with key suppliers to optimize component design.
• Perform detailed design, tolerance and yield analysis and simulation of mechanical/optomechanical components, subassemblies, and systems.
• Support assembly process and tooling development.
• Lead mechanical/optomechanical testing of components and subsystems.
• Support development of mechanical/optomechanical test procedures and systems at the component and subsystem levels.
• Troubleshoot during product bring up and analyze data to optimize yield.
• Develop packaging reliability and qualification testing.
• Perform Failure Mode Engineering Analysis (FMEA) as needed.
• 5+ years experience in developing optomechanical packaging solutions.
• Experience in working with vendors for development of high-performance mechanical and optomechanical components.
• Deep hands-on expertise with SolidWorks, including design and simulation tools.
• M.S. degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment, adapt, and overcome unforeseen challenges.
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal/communication skills within the company and with partners, customers, and consultants.
Avicena is a privately held company developing microLED based ultra-low power high bandwidth interconnects for chip-to-chip communications. This technology will revolutionize High-Performance (HPC) and Cloud computing, as well as other industries where low power interconnects are critical like camera sensors, autonomous vehicles, and aerospace. Avicena is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with a development center in Livingston, Scotland. The company was founded in 2019 by leading technologists from the optical networking industry with a track record of delivering breakthrough products. (www.avicena.tech)
To learn more about this position and career opportunities at Avicena, contact email@example.com
February 7, 2024