Senior Reliability Engineer
Avicena is seeking a highly experienced and skilled Senior Reliability Engineer to join our team. As a Senior Reliability Engineer, you will lead the development and implementation of semiconductor reliability test plans to meet international standards, manage the entire reliability strategy, and propose innovative reliability testing procedures for optoelectronic devices. Your expertise will play a critical role in influencing design and manufacturing processes, ensuring the reliability of our products.
- Manage and take ownership of the entire reliability strategy, including planning and execution.
- Responsible for IC product & package, optical package and process technology reliability testing programs.
- Supporting New Product Developments, Ongoing Reliability Monitoring and Sustaining Engineering, with focus on suitability to end application and conformance to industry standards such as Telcordia GR-468-CORE and MIL-STD specifications.
- Create and maintain Reliability, Qualifications and Failure Analysis procedures and processes.
- Propose and develop new optoelectronic reliability testing procedures to stress aspects of LED and integrated circuit devices.
- Analyse and interpret reliability data and failure analysis results to influence design and manufacturing processes, making data-driven recommendations.
- Present and compile reports for product qualifications for internal and external publication.
- Manage the design and delivery of burn-in boards for Avicena products including the integration of burn-in patterns with life test ovens.
- Familiarity with III-V semiconductor devices and their design and manufacturing process.
- At least five years of reliability engineering experience in semiconductors / optical devices.
- Experience of failure modes for IC’s, silicon & package (e.g. TDDB, Electromigration, EOS, delamination, etc.).
- Experience and working knowledge of applied statistics and data analysis to interpret reliability and failure analysis results.
- Experience in the evaluation, design, and integration of reliability test hardware for dynamic life testing & reliability testing.
- Experience in diagnosis and troubleshooting of reliability stress test (e.g. HTOL) hardware.
- Experience with IC ATE testing, bench testing and fault characterization of IC devices.
- Experience in the use of environmental life test equipment for IC devices.
- Proficiency in using statistical software or data analysis packages such as JMP, MATLAB, or Python for data analysis and visualization.
- Programming proficiency for instrument control using languages such as Python.
- Experience with LED or laser diode testing and characterisation in combination with integrated circuits and controlling electronics.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Reliability Engineer, with a focus on semiconductor devices and optoelectronics.
- In-depth knowledge of international reliability testing standards and methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills to work with design, quality and process teams in problem solving.
- Used to working in a commercially driven organisation as part of a Product Development and Operations team.
- Flexibility to travel to Avicena’s offices, supplier and customer locations.
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills with excellent numerical ability.
- An innovative, creative, lateral thinking problem solver.
- Confident communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- Good networking, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and structured problem solving such as 8-D, fishbone, and other tools.
- Experienced with all MS Office Products, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter detailing their relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com
Avicena Tech UK Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of background and experience.
November 22, 2023