Technical Program Manager
Title: Technical Program Manager
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Lead technical program management for Avicena’s innovative optical interconnects:
- Work with internal and external stakeholders define product and project requirements.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to plan projects down to the task level. This includes defining task deliverables, duration, dependencies, and owner(s).
- Coordinate across projects to identify interdependencies, resource conflicts, critical path(s), and opportunities to improve project schedules.
- Manage project execution, including holding regular meetings and communicating with project and task owners to update task status.
- Generate reports, including project progress vs schedule and high-level metrics.
- Evolve project management process as required, including configuring project management tools and defining task updating process.
- Identify top risk items, formulate mitigation plans, and escalate issues as needed.
- Brief executives on project status and recommend actions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in engineering management including 3+ years of experience in technical program management, preferably in a related industry.
- Highly desirable to have experience and expertise in optoelectronic component and optical packaging development.
- Advanced knowledge of the full life-cycle of product development.
- Experience in product development planning and providing leadership.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and report to senior managers.
- Extensive experience in product engineering, deployment, and integration.
- Ability to evaluate product performance metrics, as well as diagnose and resolve issues.
- Ability to keep up with advancements in the field of technical product development.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Avicena is a privately held company developing microLED based ultra-low power high bandwidth interconnects for chip-to-chip communications. This technology will revolutionize High-Performance (HPC) and Cloud computing, as well as other industries where low power interconnects are critical like camera sensors, autonomous vehicles, and aerospace. Avicena is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with a development center in Livingston, Scotland. The company was founded in 2019 by leading technologists from the optical networking industry with a track record of delivering breakthrough products. (www.avicena.tech)
To learn more about this position and career opportunities at Avicena, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
March 27, 2023