Role: Process Engineer
Reporting to: Process Development Director
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Design semiconductor processes to realize novel optoelectronic devices. Tasks include:
- Fabricate components in a wafer fab, including process steps such as lithography, dielectric and metals deposition and semiconductor etching, implantations and anneals.
- Design fabrication process flow including all process steps enumerated above.
- Mask layout for various lithography tools such as contact aligners, steppers, or direct-write laser.
- Manage technicians and operators in using semiconductor processing tools, such as e-beam evaporator, PECVD, sputtering, dry and wet etching .
- Source and manage contractors and vendors to complete process steps
- Characterize processes, including using profilometer, SEM, electrical and optical test.
- Work with outside laboratories to characterize processes and devices.
- Electrical and optical testing of components.
- Failure analysis and modelling of optoelectronic devices throughout process.
- Reliability testing, analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of lithography and mask design software (L-edit, Klayout, etc.).
- Knowledge of with clean room environment and with semiconductor wafer fabrication processes (metallization, etching, dielectrics, thin film characterization, etc). 1 year or more experience preferred.
- A B.S. degree or higher in electrical engineering, materials engineering, chemical engineering, physics, or equivalent (M.S. preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and ability to overcome unforeseen challenges in a dynamic work environment with shifting timelines.
Avicena is a privately held company developing microLED-based ultra-low power high bandwidth interconnects for chip-to-chip communications. This technology will revolutionize High-Performance (HPC) and Cloud computing, as well as other industries where low power interconnects are critical like camera sensors, autonomous vehicles, and aerospace. Avicena is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with a development center in Livingston, Scotland. The company was founded in 2019 by leading technologists from the optical networking industry with a track record of delivering breakthrough products. (www.avicena.tech)
To learn more about this position and career opportunities at Avicena, contact email@example.com
January 12, 2023